Senior PHP Developer
PHP | MySQL | Symfony | Redis | Memcache | RabbitMQ | Programmer
Any location in Poland / Remote working / Home office / Full time / Self-employed
ProofHQ is seeking a talented and ambitious PHP Developer to join our growing Engineering team. If you are passionate about technology and working on a product loved and used by thousands of customers, this is your next role.
ProofHQ a Workfront Company (www.proofhq.com) delivers a SaaS-based online proofing solution that helps designers and marketing teams manage feedback and approval on their design projects. We have happy customers in businesses of all sizes from Fortune 100 companies to freelance designers, in six continents, and across a wide range of industries.
In July 2015 ProofHQ was acquired by Workfront (www.workfront.com), US-based software company that develops web-based work management and project management software that features enterprise work management, issue tracking, document management time tracking and portfolio management.
ProofHQ a Workfront Company already employs eighty Polish team members in various Polish cities (Warsaw, Wroclaw, Poznań, Lublin, Gdansk and Lodz).
All our roles are remote working, so you can be based anywhere and work from your home office, the garden shed, the beach, the slopes, or local coffee shop. We don’t care as long as you deliver and get the job done!
About the role
If you are a driven and self-motivated person who is a good problem solver and shares our enthusiasm for quality, then this is your next role joining a team of like-minded individuals. Everyone at ProofHQ has a huge passion for customer success. We pride ourselves at listening to our customers and understand their needs in-depth, while quickly translating those needs into solutions that we can provide via our cloud solution.
As a PHP Developer you will work closely with our architecture team to ensure the ProofHQ software meets all levels of security, quality and functionality as determined by the company and its customers. You must have an eye for detail and a head for analytical thinking. You will also participate in usability testing with clients like BlackBerry, AT&T, Walmart and Tesco to better understand how users interact with ProofHQ.
Development of new and existing features with the goal of providing a robust user experience
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Contributing to documentation (instructional and technical specifications)
- Mentor fellow team members
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with the Development Manager
- Providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of your markets developments
What we need from you
- 3+ years commercial experience as php developer
- Very good knowledge of PHP 5
- Good understanding of OOP
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery
- Experiencing with the LAMP installation and configuration
- Previous experience of unit testing within a CI environment
- Good understanding of Web security principles (OWASP Top 10)
- Experience working with MySQL (configuration and optimization)
- Knowledge of caching technologies (Redis, Memcached)
- Familiar with queue systems e.g. RabbitMQ
- Familiar with the SVN or Git repositories
- Previous experience working with MVC frameworks
- Experience with agile development practices
- Experience with AWS
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- 20 days of paid holiday
- Extensive trainings and development (ProofHQ Academy)
- Company off-site meetups
All applications should be sent in English to:
We reserve the right to respond only to selected applications.