How to review a proof and submit a decision
Opening a proof can be as simple as opening an email and clicking on a link. Below are the basic steps involved. You may also download this guide by clicking on the link on the right side of this page.
Viewing the proof
Someone you know, who has a ProofHQ account, has uploaded a proof, and would like you to review and make a decision about it.
- Open the email your received letting you know that you have a new proof to review.
- Click on the blue “Go to proof” link*.
*NOTE: Clicking on the “Go to proof” link in your email will launch your web browser and open the proof in a new browser window, called the Proof Page.
Adding comments, mark-ups
To add a comment to a proof, or to mark-up an area of the proof:
- Click on the orange “Add Comment” button.
- Type your comment into the comments box and/or add a markup (see below).
- Use the Rectangle tool to draw a box. Use the Pencil tool to draw freehand. Use the Arrow tool to call something out. Use the Line tool to draw straight lines. Use the Marker to draw a shaded box. Use the Crop tool to indicate a trim area. Change Colour, Thickness, or Delete markups.
- Click the green “Save” button when finished.
Reading, replying to comments
You might open the proof and find that others have already made comments. To view them and respond:
- If necessary, click the tab to open the Sidebar.
- In the Comment list, click on the comment you wish to view.
- To navigate multiple comments: Click the right/left arrows in the Comment window to view the next or previous comment.
- Click and type in the text field in the Comment window to reply to a comment. Click the green “Save” button when finished.
Submitting your decision
When you are finished making comments, replying to others, and making mark-ups, it is time to submit your decision.
- Click on the green “Submit Decision” button.
- In the Submit Decision box, click on the appropriate option*. You’re done!
*NOTE: To receive an email confirmation of your decision, be sure to check the box before clicking on your decision.
Watch how to do it
To see ProofHQ in action, watch our overview video showing how to review a proof.
Of course, ProofHQ has additional features and functionality you may wish to use. Click here to see the steps to review and approve a proof in more detail, with an explanation of the key tools and options visible on the proof page, and links to our Help system for additional information.